Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hair Style #7 of 365 The Side Winder Knot

The Side Winder Knot

Ok, so I LOVE this look.  it is a very polished look, however you can literally wear it anywhere.  I have had many compliments on this look.  I have worn it at the grocery store, to the play ground and even a night out on the town.  What you will need for this look are: Bobby pins, a comb, and just some self confidence.  So basically what i have done here is the....YUP, you guessed it....the original "Side Winder."  Follow the tutorial for the side winder and then do this:

Start at the top of the side that is not winded.  Start winding down just like you did on the other side and when you get to the fastening of the first wine wrap the hair in a "ballerina bun" and pin it in place.  Yes, it is that easy.  A great tip about this hair style, is when you take it out your hair will have a natural looking wave to it.  Wear it all day and take it out to go out at night!!  Product I used before this style was just some Aerate by Redken while my hair was wet, which is a volumizing  cream-mousse.  I then blew it dry and hit it with my 1 1/2 inch barrel curling iron!!  Take your time and have fun with this look.  Remember...it needs to be towards one side of your head.  It doesn't look quite right that low directly in the back of your head.  It remind me of olive oil from Popeye if you catch my drift.




Thanks for visiting!  Keep it Simply Stylish!






















Here is the tutorial!  Enjoy and Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is my favorite!!! Think I can do it with my shorter hair too!!!

    ReplyDelete