Popular Posts

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Hair Style #22 of 365 That 70's Look

Hairstyle # 22 That 70's look

You will need bobby pins, a rat tail comb and hairspray.

I know it may seem that I am doing a ton of braids on my blog and you would be correct.  They are HUGE right now with everyone this season.  Just when I think I couldn't possible do an other braided style, I find one that I really like and want to share with you.


For this look I have kept my hair straight.  Please refer to the Straight and Narrow tutorial for more information on how to get sleek shiny hair.

I then set my part in the middle of my head instead of my normal part, which is on the left and my bands hang towards the right.  I then went to inches back and took vertical sections on both sides.  I went no further back than the middle of my ear.  I wanted the hair that hangs in front of my ear and not behind it. 

I Dutch braided each side keeping them really close to my head.  I braided to the ends of my hair...well, as close as I could get to the ends.  My hair is layered in the front therefore makes it hard to not have what I like to call "whispies" coming out of my braids. 


Once I reached the "end" of my braid I lay it back on my head to see where it will lay and then part my hair in that spot.  Make sure your hair is parted in this spot and secure the braid with two bobby pins.  Place the hair back over the pins to hide them.  Repeat this on the other side.  It is such a great look.  With all the styles that are out now with the high waisted and wide leg jeans and silk flowy tops, this hairstyle will for sure be a hit at the work place, or even date night!  Have fun and as always, keep it Simply Stylish!

 Thanks.....


Tutorial Video here....






No comments:

Post a Comment